Top five Health & Safety Questions for August

Health & Safety questions for August

At Seguro we get asked questions on a daily basis and thought it would be good to share them with you. You never know we might be answering a question you had yourselves.

1. I want more work will CHAS get me that?

When being asked to work for Larger clients, public sector bodies or even tendering they may require you to have CHAS. The reason why companies ask for this is they know you are carrying out your work to a set standard. So CHAS may help you to win more work than you would without it.

2. I’ve tendering for a job and been asked for Constructionline why do i need this?

When tendering for work companies need to be able to have a benchmark for assessing the submissions that they receive. Constructionline is a good way of doing that as all the information is in the same format in the same place and shows that you met a certain set of criteria.

3. I don’t have a health & Safety policy why do i need one?

If you employ five or more people you must, by law (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 section 2(3), have a written health and safety policy. Your health and safety policy statement sets out how you manage health and safety in your organisation.

4. Is my CSCS card enough for me to get CHAS?

A CSCS card provides proof that the individual has the necessary skills in order to carry out the job defined on the card e.g Electrician. CHAS need some additional information to see that your staff have been given the knowledge to carry out their tasks safety which is why manual handling and working at heights courses can be sat via e-learning.

5. Do i need a CSCS Card?

In order to gain accreditation for CHAS a CSCS card is not required.