Staying safe this christmas
Here are a few of our hints and tips to keep you safe and in the festive spirit:
Christmas Tree Fairy Lights
- Check the fuses are the right type (see the box for the maximum size of fuse you should use).
- If bulbs blow, replace them.
- Don’t leave fairy lights on when you go out or when you go to sleep.
- Don’t let the bulbs touch anything that can burn easily, like paper.
- Don’t overload sockets.
- Decorations made of light tissue paper or cardboard burn easily.
- Don’t attach them to lights or heaters.
- Don’t put them immediately above or around the fireplace.
- Keep them away from candles.
The awareness video below has been used by fire services and safety consultants to demonstrate how quickly something small can take hold.
More information can be found on the fire saftey website