What is Safe Contractor?
Have you been asked for Safe Contractor?
Safe Contractor is a Health & Safety accreditation that is currently run by the government. The Scheme is to ensure companies meet a specific standard for Health & Safety. Safe Contractor is used by thousands of consultants, contractors and businesses every month, typically applying for work with public and private sector companies.
The Safe contractor scheme was developed and is managed by the Government Health and Safety and Procurement Professionals, with the support of the Health and Safety Executive, since 1999. The purpose of the scheme is to ensure that buyers who are signed up have the knowledge that suppliers that use in the scheme are competent and have been assessed.
Suppliers health and safety policy statement, their organisation and how it deals with health and safety and their specific health and safety arrangements will be assessed. As everyone is assessed using the same process buyers know that they are using suppliers who, work to an acceptable standard.
Safe Contractor and suppliers
- Avoids repeated applications
- Consistent Health & Safety assessment
- Access to local authority suppliers
- Saves time and money for all parties.
Safe Contractor and Buyers
- Safe Contractor membership allows access to health trusts, councils, emergency services, the voluntary sector, housing associations, private companies and government departments.
- To locate competent suppliers and contractors,
- Potentially saving time and money for all parties.
- Buyers are afforded peace of mind
What does Safe Contractor assess?
- Assesses health and Safety Management
- Assess compliance issues that apply to work undertaken by you.