Top Tips for Manual Handing
Did you know Manual handling causes over a third of all workplace injuries?
These injuries can include pain and injuries to arms, legs and joints, and repetitive strain injuries of all varieties.
Manual handling covers a wide variety of activities including lifting, pushing, pulling, lowering and carrying. If any of these tasks are not carried out correctly there is a risk of injury.
Here are the top tips to make sure you ensure you handle correctly:
- Keep your back straight and bend your knees.
- Lift with your legs and body weight.
- Use handles or lift aids where appropriate.
- Have a good grip on the load.
- Stand close to the load and face the direction you intend to move.
- Lift load as close to the center of your body as possible.
- Lift smoothly without Jerking.
- Avoid lifting, side bending and carrying loads with one hand.
If you need any help with Manual Handling why not visit our site: