The pros of outsourcing defiantly outweigh the cons, but before you form a partnership with an Health & Safety consultant you must learn all you can about outsourcing. Once you are fully informed you can decide if outsourcing is right for your business and how it can help you.
Following is a list of pros and cons of outsourcing:
Pros of Outsourcing
- Up to date professional advice when you need it
- Gives you access to skilled professionals at low cost
- The confidence in knowing your legal duties are covered
- Reduces your cost of doing business, as you save on infrastructure, workforce, hiring costs, training costs, and technology and software investments
- Allows you to focus more on your core business functions
Cons of Outsourcing
- You will have to rely on the expertise of another company without fully understanding all the detail yourself
- You need to ensure that your outsource partner is available for your working hours not just theirs
- You need to understand turn around times and accept them
- You may not be able to get what you want when you want it
- You have to trust the information they provide is accurate and up to date
Outsourcing your Health & Safety resource can give your business the competitive edge it requires to win work and be successful on tenders.
If anything, the disadvantages of outsourcing give you the opportunity to think before-hand about the things you need to keep in mind when selecting an outsourcing partner.
If you are looking to outsource your Health & Safety we can help you .