How do the CDM 2015 regulation changes affect you?
Did you know there are changes to the CDM regulations that came into place from 6 April 2015. Here is our quick guide on how they might affect you.
From 6 April 2015, the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force, replacing CDM 2007. The key changes of the new CDM regulations are listed below:
- The revised Regulations apply to all projects including domestic client jobs
- All projects must have a written construction phase plan
- The role of CDM co-ordinator in the previous CDM Regs 2007 has been removed and replaced with a new role of principal designer
- There is a duty to make sure all persons doing the job have the right skills, knowledge, training and experience
- A Principal designer and principal contractor must be appointed on projects that will have more than one contractor
For additional details on the changes please click on CDM 2015 Changes
The HSE have also produced detailed guidance called “Managing health and safety in construction – Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015”, which covers the legal requirements for CDM 2015.
The CITB have produced guidance for all the roles covered under the new CDM 2015 regulations, which can be downloaded here. They have also developed a free CDM Wizard app for Android and IOS to help quickly produce construction phase plans, which can be downloaded via the links below.